Wednesday 29 June 2011

Spotlight: Bathrooms











{ images via House Beautiful and Pinterest }

From modern to rustic and from playful to elegant, I love bathrooms. The bathroom, to me, is the showcase of design and aesthetic. A restaurant or home could be beautiful, but if the bathroom is dull or plain it goes down quite a few spots in my book. It is (typically) a small space where personal design tastes can let loose. When I was young my mother had a friend whose house was always simple and orderly. However, her small hallway bathroom was bright blue (including the ceiling!) with ivy plants, flowers, and fairy statues everywhere you looked. It was so out of tune with the rest of the house, but it was great .... a small escape for your fantasies. Above are some very diverse (but very beautiful) inspirations for bathrooms.